I am pleased to announce Expressions of Interest for the ‘Powering Communities Program’ are being received up until 31 May, 2021.
The Powering Communities Program provides funding to help not-for-profit community organisations reduce energy use, improve energy productivity and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Our community has felt the impact of our changing climate, we are beyond ready to make the energy transition needed.
I am determined to make sure no one is left behind as we make that adjustment. This grants program is one of many ways our community needs to be supported.
$67,700 is available to fund up to 12 projects in every electorate, including right here in Eden-Monaro.
The minimum grant amount is $5,000.
The maximum grant amount is $12,000.
The program aims to save energy and reduce power bills through:
- Upgrading equipment to reduce energy consumption
- Undertaking energy management activities and assessments, such as energy systems assessments and feasibility studies
- Investing in energy monitoring and management systems
- Investing in on-site renewable energy and solar-connected batteries
Eligible projects include:
- Installing solar PV systems and solar-connected batteries
- Replacing some energy using equipment with new, more efficient equipment
- Energy audits and monitoring equipment
The next step for interested organisations is to check the program guidelines and lodge an Expression of Interest before 31 May, 2021.
Powering Communities Program Guidelines - HERE
Expression of Interest Form - HERE
Photo: With Bushfire Survivors for Climate Action.
Media contact: Ian Campbell, phone 0417 482 171