The #MightyEdenMonaro has a strong and dynamic culture of community spirit and service which is why I am pleased to announce that the ‘Stronger Communities Grants’ are again available for local groups in 2021.
Grants of between $2,500 and $20,000 are available for small capital works projects and some types of equipment. Funding is available for up to 100 per cent of your project costs.
Eligible projects must bring social benefit to our community.
In the past these grants and volunteers on the ground have been responsible for everything from new playgrounds, to surf lifesaving equipment, to refurbished kitchens in community centres and studio upgrades for community radio.
I can’t wait to see what will be achieved in 2021.
What you need to know:
Purpose: The Stronger Communities Programme provides each of the 151 Federal electorates with $150,000 to fund a maximum of 20 small capital projects.
These projects aim to improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant viable communities.
Round 6 of the Programme will continue to support Australia's economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. For this special round, grant funding will be up to 100% of eligible project costs except for local governing bodies where grant funding will be up to 50% of eligible project costs.
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must have an ABN and be one of the following incorporated entities:
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property
- a local governing body as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995
Examples of projects which may be funded under the programme include:
- fit-out of community spaces and centres
- upgrading facilties to provide inclusive access
- purchasing operating equipment such as computers, TVs, furniture and fittings
- sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, BBQ facilities, seating, new turf, fit-out of change rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade water systems, gymnasiums, skate parks
- purchasing rescue equipment for local SES
- purchasing first aid equipment
Projects funded under round 6 of the Programme will need to be completed by 31 December 2021.
How To Apply: Read the grant opportunity guidelines, and make sure that your organisation and project are eligible, then complete the expression of interest form by Sunday, 21 February 2021.
If your EOI is approved you will be invited to complete a detailed formal application through an online portal which will be processed by the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications (the Department).
More information on the guidelines can be found HERE
Expression of Interest Form can be found HERE.
Amount: Up to $20,000
EOI Open Date: 19 January 2021 10AM
EOI Close Date: 21 February 2021 5PM