***Expressions of Interest are now closed - please sign up to my Grants Bulletin to be notified of future grant opportunities***
2022-23 Volunteer Grants - Families and Communities Program
The people of Eden-Monaro are strong and dynamic. We have a solid culture of community spirit and service. I am very pleased to announce that the ‘Volunteer Grants’ are again available for community organisations in 2022-23.
Volunteer Grants support the work of local community organisations with a focus on the inclusion of vulnerable people and promoting participation in volunteering.
There is $66,225 available for Eden-Monaro not-for-profit organisations whose workforce consists of at least 40% volunteers.
Grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 will be available to eligible not-for-profit community organisations to support the efforts of their volunteers. The grants can be used to buy small equipment for volunteers, or for the reimbursement of volunteer fuel, transport, or training costs, or to purchase items that help promote awareness of volunteering opportunities.
This grant will require applicants to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to my office which will be assessed by a local committee. Successful EOI applicants will then be invited to submit a formal application to the Department of Social Services.
Purpose: Volunteer Grants are about strengthening communities by increasing participation in volunteering. The objectives of Volunteer Grants are to:
- help community organisations to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- help community organisations to support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering; and
- encourage, support, and increase participation in volunteering.
Grant funding can only be used for eligible activities or items such as:
- small equipment that will assist the volunteers in their role
- transport costs of volunteers with disability
- fuel costs incurred by volunteers
- training for volunteers
- background screening checks of volunteers
- promotion of volunteering opportunities
- adapting practices to support volunteers’ safety in the Coronavirus pandemic environment.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply you must be an organisation that has been nominated by my office, receive an invitation to apply through GrantConnect and:
- be a legal entity, or
- be an unincorporated association that agrees to the primary contact on your application entering into an agreement on behalf of the Unincorporated Association.
This means that if your grant application is approved, the primary contact will assume all legal liability and become personally liable for the delivery of the funded activity, expenditure of funds and any other associated obligations arising from the grant agreement validly executed, and
- have a minimum of 40% of volunteers working for your organisation
- be a not-for-profit organisation
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or be willing to provide a Statement by Supplier Form (reason for not quoting an ABN). Please refer to the Australian Tax Office website for further information
- have an account with an Australian financial institution in the name of the organisation applying.
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority Cooperative
- Incorporated Association
- Statutory Entity and
- Be willing and legally able to enter into a grant agreement with the Commonwealth (refer to section 10.1).